FNEAA is hosting a series of townhalls on structural readiness, partnerships, and youth and culture from January to March 2022 as part of its Structural Readiness & Partnership Gatherings Project funded by Indigenous Services Canada. These will provide Education administrators with an opportunity to learn from the experience and knowledge of fellow First Nations education administrators and participate in a discussion on structural readiness innovations, capacity building, and governance across Canada. The Townhalls will feature innovative case studies in First Nations and a panel discussion of First Nations education administrators.
The Townhall Gatherings are scheduled for a two-hour session. Participants will be encouraged to share information, experiences, and stories regarding successes, challenges, and capacity building needs that First Nations Education administrators have experienced as they move towards First Nations control of First Nations Education. The Townhalls are structured with presentations, followed by active conversations with participants regarding local circumstances and sharing stories of best practices.
The Structural Readiness & Partnership Gatherings Project is very exciting because it empowers First Nations by listening to the participants’ voices and by sharing lessons learned and best practices being implemented at local levels.
1. Structural Readiness – hosted by the Atlantic Regional area – Jan. 13, 2022 from 1 to 3 p.m. EST
2. Education Partnership – hosted by the Western Regional area – Jan. 25, 2022 from 1 to 3 p.m. EST
3. Education Partnership – hosted by the Northern Regional area – Feb. 10, 2022 from 1 to 3 p.m. EST
4. Youth – Knowledge Keeper Townhall Contest and Draw – Feb. 22, 2022 from 1 to 3 p.m. EST
5. Structural Readiness – hosted by the Central Regional area – Mar. 17, 2022 from 1 to 3 p.m. EST
6. National Town Hall – Best Practices and Lessons Learned – Mar. 29, 2022 from 1 to 3 p.m. EST
Join our newsletter in the footer below for links and info on our upcoming townhalls